The Edge provides a systematic framework to enable schools to develop and capture the student attitudes, attributes and skills which are so important for employment and life beyond school. More than 700 schools are now members of the scheme. To learn more from the experience of schools and about the impact and range of approaches click on the bulletin at the end of this page.
The programme is for students from aged 4 to 18 and they progress through 7 levels (Foundation, Contender, Champion, Apprentice, Graduate, Master).
The 5 attributes developed by the programme were chosen following consultation with employers:
Annual membership includes:
- Access for teachers and an unlimited number of your students to the Edge platform which is built to capture progress in character development
- A wealth of resources to support teaching of life skills including;
- LORIC (Leadership, Organisation, Resilience, Initiative, Communication),
- Wellbeing (My Health, My Mind, My Life),
- Careers (Higher Education and Apprenticeships),
- Oracy resources and entry into Up for Debate, an annual debating competition
- Resources to help you implement and embed the programme on a school-wide basis
- Regional celebration events to recognise and reward student achievements
For more information please contact: