Welcome to PiXL Middle Schools
Supporting schools across Key Stages 2 and 3
As a Middle School, you are part of PiXL Primary but also have access to PiXL Secondary Key Stage 3 resources.
The principles across both are the same: through our leadership approach of appointing a Raising Standards Leader, setting a Wildly Important Goal (WIG), conducting a pre-mortem and then charting progress towards the WIG, we help you make the change you want to see, happen. This will most often be focused on the Year 6 WIG as well as the school priorities you have in other year groups.
Everything we do is around helping young people achieve a better future and brighter hope and to support you, as school leaders, to make this a reality. We do this in four very practical ways – leadership networking, development, events, and strategies and resources – and, through our associate model, personalise what PiXL has to offer for you based on your context.
Find out a little more about our leadership offer by visiting the pages below:
The best way to experience what being part of PiXL is like is to attend our next National Conference as a guest. Primary conferences happen five times a year, and you would also have access to Secondary meetings and subject conferences too.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to attend the next one as a guest school.
For PiXL Middle Schools in 21/22, we are focusing on the following leadership strategies:
- Sharing of best practice through a new curriculum network
- Developing the curriculum through reading for KS2 and KS3
- Support for writing assessment at KS2
- Improving achievement through the second year of our reading strategy, in partnership with Hachette
- Stretching and challenging A1 Learners to be readers, writers, mathematicians and scientists
- Integrating Character and Culture programmes with Primary and Secondary Futures
- Revised therapies for KS2 progressing to KS3
- Diagnose, Therapy, Testing, Revisiting (DTTR) webinars for subject leaders
- DTTR for teaching assistants
- Developing progression from KS2 to KS3 through curriculum enrichment projects
- DTTR approach through the development of bespoke diagnostic assessment for Middle Schools for English, mathematics and science
- Developing transition materials for Middle to Upper School
To find out more about our PiXL Middle Schools offer, please download the subscription pack below.
This pack contains a leaflet and brochure full of information about PiXL Middle Schools membership.
Multi Academy Trusts
If you are in a Multi Academy Trust and interested in a Trust membership with PiXL, we offer PiXL MAT Connect.
Please email email@example.com and we will get back to you with further information, bespoke to your setting.
Membership subscription fees
Membership subscription fees cover the academic year from the date of joining to the 31st August 2022.
All prices stated do not include VAT
PiXL Middle Schools 2021-22 Subscription:
Over 125 pupils
Under 125 pupils
Interested in joining us?
Email our membership team via our Contact Form.
We’ll invite you to access our next event (digital or face-to-face) as a guest to gain better insight into what PiXL Middle Schools membership is like and how becoming a member could benefit your school.
For any other questions about PiXL Middle Schools, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.