PiXL Secondary was the first area of PiXL that was formed, born out of the DfE’s London Challenge. The original group of schools wanted to continue with the work they had started with Sir John Rowling and so PiXL was born. It has grown from those 50 schools in 2005, to 1,600 schools today. Our purpose from those early days, remains the same today: to bring a better future and brighter hope to young people through equipping leaders and teachers in partnering together towards excellence.
We believe in the power of collaboration and the sharing of good practice. We believe in providing schools with strategies, ideas and resources that will address key issues and save on workload. Our focus has always been on helping students get the best results they can, helping them be the best people they can be and encouraging them to give their best for the communities in which they live.
Underpinning all of this is our belief that leadership is at the centre of it all and so much of our work focuses on helping, supporting and equipping leaders to take their schools to the next level, as well as helping to grow and nurture talent for the leaders of the future.
PiXL Secondary membership supports secondary schools and GCSEs. Annual membership includes:
- 5 National Conferences (currently digital) throughout the year, each with focused CPD sessions on particular topics. Access to additional digital events, live or on-demand, throughout the year.
- 4 personalised meetings with a designated associate who will help implement PiXL strategies successfully in your school
- Access to a network of support that includes leadership and subject specialists
- A wealth of interactive resources for Maths, English, Science, History and Geography
- Further teaching and learning resources across all subjects
- Access to the PiXL Maths App which helps students revise and allows teachers to identify and remedy gaps in students’ knowledge
- Access to the PiXL Classrooms App, built to support the use of PiXL principles in classrooms
- Motivational presentations, videos and resources to inspire students
- PiXL Edge programme to empower students and accredit their attributes and life skills
- Guidance on launching Them and Us in your school (a project to facilitate a culture where we live without harming others, perform acts of kindness, and respect others). We provide a vast range of resources for this, including assemblies, introductory presentations and lesson material
- Access to PiXL Save for discounts on a range of school products and servi
2021-22 Membership Subscriptions
Membership subscription covers the academic year from the date of joining to the 31st August 2022.