Welcome to PiXL Secondary, supporting schools at Key Stage 3 and 4. Everything we do is around helping young people achieve a better future and brighter hope and to support you, as school leaders, to make this a reality.
In these strange times, we continue to support schools through the COVID-19 pandemic, with additional materials added to our existing offer to support home learning, as well as support for the students and staff who are still in school. We have released activity grids for students to support wellbeing, kindness and character, as well as their subjects. Parent and Student Pamphlets are included, as are motivational videos and other material. We have also provided substantial ‘Project Futures’ resources that promote continued progression for current Year 11 to Year 12.
If you would like to join the discussion and talk with the network, then please join us on one or more of our Twitter accounts (@pixlclub and @rachelpixl) where we will share good ideas and retweet interesting information. If you are interested in becoming a member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share more with you. Our website page will shortly reflect our 2020/2021 offer, which we are reviewing in light of the current situation to ensure it best serves schools.
PiXL Secondary was the first area of PiXL that was formed, born out of the DfE’s London Challenge. The original group of schools wanted to continue with the work they had started with Sir John Rowling and so PiXL was born. It has grown from those 50 schools in 2005, to 1,600 schools today. Our purpose from those early days, remains the same today: to bring a better future and brighter hope to young people through equipping leaders and teachers in partnering together towards excellence.
We believe in the power of collaboration and the sharing of good practice. We believe in providing schools with strategies, ideas and resources that will address key issues and save on workload. Our focus has always been on helping students get the best results they can, helping them be the best people they can be and encouraging them to give their best for the communities in which they live. Underpinning all of this is our belief that leadership is at the centre of it all and so much of our work focuses on helping, supporting and equipping leaders to take their schools to the next level, as well as helping to grow and nurture talent for the leaders of the future.
PiXL Secondary membership supports secondary schools and GCSEs. Annual membership includes:
- 5 Main Meetings in London (with one additional regional Main Meeting), each with focused breakout sessions on particular topics
- 4 personalised meetings with a designated associate who will help implement PiXL strategies successfully in your school
- Access to a network of support that includes leadership and subject specialists
- A wealth of interactive resources for Maths, English, Science, History and Geography
- Further teaching and learning resources across all subjects
- Access to the PiXL Maths App which helps students revise and allows teachers to identify and remedy gaps in students’ knowledge
- Access to the PiXL Classrooms App, built to support the use of PiXL principles in classrooms
- Motivational presentations, videos and resources to inspire students
- PiXL Edge programme to empower students and accredit their attributes and life skills
- Guidance on launching Them and Us in your school (a project to facilitate a culture where we live without harming others, perform acts of kindness, and respect others). We provide a vast range of resources for this, including assemblies, introductory presentations and lesson material
- An invitation to the PiXL student celebration event which recognises and rewards young people’s achievements
- A weekly bulletin to request support from other PiXL schools
- Access to PiXL Save for discounts on a range of school products and services
For minimal additional costs, the following is also available to PiXL Main members:
- Subject specialist conferences
- PiXL English Lit App
- Training and skill-enhancing opportunities, such as the Outstanding Headteacher programme, Middle Leader training, and the Staff Wellbeing conference
- Student events such as revision conferences and the Up for Debate competition