We believe that supporting leaders is a crucial part of what PiXL does. We do this in many ways and one of them is through the PiXL podcasts.
These are short reflections on leadership and life, starting with a story, some key messages and some things for us to reflect on. Lasting just 10 minutes, they are designed to be bite-sized episodes for inspiration and challenge. We are now on series four of the Pearl podcasts: Season 1 with the founder of PiXL, the late Sir John Rowling, and Seasons 2, 3 and 4 with the CEO of PiXL, Rachel Johnson.
Subscribe using the links on the left, so you do not miss out!
The aim of this podcast is to take non-educational leadership books and to find the applications for school leaders. In each episode, two school leaders join Rachel Johnson to explore their key takeaways and discuss how to execute some of these ideas into their own leadership direction behaviours. We cover some leadership ‘classics’ and the latest releases. You can read along and join in the conversation.
Series 1 book list:
- The Infinite Game — Simon Sinek
- Turn the Ship Around — David Marquet
- The Barcelona Way — Damian Hughes
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team — Patrick Lencioni
- Dare to Lead — Brene Brown
- Rebel Ideas — Matthew Syed
- Drive — Daniel Pink
- Good to Great — Jim Collins
Series 2 book list:
- Legacy — James Kerr
- Essentialism — Greg McKeown
- How Women Rise — Marshall Goldsmith and Sally Helgesen
- David and Goliath — Malcolm Gladwell
- Becoming — Michelle Obama
- Limitless — Ajaz Ahmed
- Radical Candor — Kim Scott
- The Art of Gathering — Priya Parker
Series 3 book list:
- Checklist Manifesto — Atul Gawande
- No Rules Rules — Reed Hastings and Erin Meyer
- The Culture Code — Daniel Coyle
- You're Not Listening — Kate Murphy
- Quiet — Susan Cain
- Please Yourself — Emma Reed Turrell
- Think Again — Adam Grant
- Accomplishment — Sir Michael Barber
Series 4 book list:
- The Power of Moments — Chip and Dan Heath
- Chatter — Ethan Kross
- Jerks at Work — Tessa West
- The Joy of Work — Bruce Daisley
- Everybody Matters — Bob Chapman, Raj Sisodia
- Love and Work — Marcus Buckingham
- Both/And Thinking — Wendy K. Smith, Marianne W. Lewis
- Insights — Tasha Eurich
Give it a listen, leave us a review and subscribe now to never miss another episode!