Welcome to PiXL6, supporting schools at Key Stage 5. Everything we do is around helping young people achieve a better future and brighter hope and to support you, as school leaders, to make this a reality; a reality that for post-16 settings, is a particularly challenging one this year.
In these strange times, we continue to support colleges through the COVID-19 pandemic, with additional materials added to our existing offer to support home learning, as well as support for the students and staff who are still in school. We have released activity grids for students to support wellbeing, kindness and character as well as academic skills. Parent and Student Pamphlets are included, as are motivational videos and other material. We have also provided substantial ‘Project Futures’ resources that promote continued progression for current Year 12 to Year 13 and beyond, whether students are intending to go to university, an apprenticeship or into employment.
If you would like to join the discussion and talk with the network, then please join us on one or more of our Twitter accounts (@pixlclub, @pixl_6 and @rachelpixl) where we will share good ideas, retweet interesting information and let you know of the latest releases and strategies. If you are interested in becoming a member, please email email@example.com. We will be happy to share more with you. Our website page will shortly reflect our 2020/2021 offer, which we are reviewing in light of the current situation to ensure it best serves schools.
PiXL6 was formed in 2014, after PiXL Secondary had become established. PiXL6 is for post-16 providers who want to share good practice, strategies and ideas so that we can help each other towards excellence. Our PiXL6 team provide associate support to colleges/sixth forms and we also provide post-16 specific resource across subjects. The leadership of post-16 is key and so we provide leadership support and ideas to help our students have a better future and brighter hope.
As with other areas of PiXL, PiXL6 focuses on Currency, Character and Culture. We want every student to achieve the best they can, to be the best person they can be and to make a positive contribution to society.
Annual membership includes:
- 5 Main Meetings in London, each with focused breakout sessions on particular topics
- 4 personalised meetings with a designated Associate who will help implement PiXL strategies successfully in your school
- Access to a network of support that includes leadership and subject specialists
- Access to the PiXL Classrooms App, an intervention assessment tool that helps deliver lessons targeted at weaknesses in knowledge
- A range of PiXL strategies and resources for many A Level subjects
- Up-to-date curriculum, inspection and performance advice
- Motivational presentations, videos and resources to inspire students
- Weekly bulletin to request support from other PiXL schools
- PiXL Save for discounts on a range of school products and services
For minimal additional costs, the following is also available to PiXL6 members:
- A Level-focused student subject and revision conferences
- KS5 subject conferences for staff
- Re-sit student conferences for Maths and English
For more information, please contact: